FOLLOWING YOUR HEART MAKES YOU CONFIDENT

















Pic.: Shreeshay Patel



I REALIZED, THAT THE THOUSAND-MILE JOURNEY
OF MY SELF-CONFIDENCE
HAD TO BEGIN WITH ONE STEP AT A TIME…
ONE MILESTONE AT A TIME!

- Heena Khudabadi  (Age 15)


 ‘‘Courage is not absence of fear. It is doing the seemingly impossible thing
despite fear… with a quaking heart.’’

]
Confidence, for me, is courage.

I would love to share with you one of my experiences…

Years back, when I was around 3 or 4, I was very fascinated by music. I loved to listen to it and dance. My parents and my relatives realized it; and, so, they decided to make me join classes so that I could get trained.  Six months had gone by, and, it was time for the annual dance show which was conducted by the classes. I, too, had participated in it… The day had, finally, arrived when I had to face the audience. It was a challenge for me and I accepted it…But, I was full of fear. Somewhere, deep inside, I knew I could do it. So, I motivated myself and took the first step. It was a fabulous performance. The hall thundered with a long and loud applause. No sooner I came backstage, my dance sir came towards me and said, ‘Great job’!

That became one of the best moments of my life. That day, I gained lots of confidence. I realized the joy of doing something that I had thought was impossible for me. The motivation and appreciation became my keys for gaining self-confidence…

I, also, realized that, the thousand-mile journey of my self-confidence had to begin with one step at a time… One milestone at a time!




FOLLOWING YOUR HEART
MAKES YOU CONFIDENT

-Vinod Vazirani (Age 17)



There was a boy who had just appeared for his twelfth-standard exams. He was passionate about photography… particularly fashion photography. So, he was looking for an internship under a fashion photographer.  The first photographer he went to said, “We don’t hire interns.” He got a negative response also from the second photographer he went to. Like that, he knocked on a dozen photographers’ doors… but failed.

One day, while this boy was working out at the gym, the boy met a friend and he told him (friend) that he was looking for an internship in fashion photography. After some days, he got a call from his friend asking if the boy wanted to join their studio. The boy was ecstatic and said, “Yes!”  The friend asked the boy to start from the next morning!

It was boy’s first photo-shoot. He was encouraged to take some shoots on the very first day.  When the model saw the clicks, he said “Fabulous!”  The boy felt as if he was on top of the world!

Friends, this is my story… the story of what made me confident to follow my heart!





MY FATHER’S WORDS MADE ME CONFIDENT

- Samarth  Tahiliani (Age 11)


I love sports. My favourite games are kabaddi, swimming, Footfall and cycling.

 Playing kabaddi is my passion and I feel confident while playing it. I, also, feel confident when I play football and do swimming and cycling.

But the word ’Kabaddi’ reminds me of an incident. Once, while playing Kabbadi, I got badly hurt. So, I felt discouraged and said, “I will not play Kabaddi anymore.” At that time, my father made me confident with his words, “Son, in every sport, there are times, when one gets hurt… You should continue playing without worrying about getting hurt.”

My father’s words made me confident; and, now, I am a state-level kabaddi player!

Here are some more things which make me feel confident in life…

When someone cheers me...
         When my parents motivate me…
         When I communicate with my parents…
         When I watch a football match.




 THE ONLY WAY TO BE CONFIDENT IN LIFE
IS THROUGH WORKING ON YOUR WEAKNESSES

- Latika Bhatia (Age 10)

Confidence is an energy given to the body. 
Let me share with you an incident from my life…

I was afraid of riding a cycle. I used to tell my mom,
“Mom, I can’t do it… I can’t do it.”
My mom gently motivated me saying, “Beta, you can… You can.”
So, slowly, I started riding the cycle. But, when we came to another Society,
I was not able to control the cycle and I lost my balance…
and my permanent tooth broke and my mouth was full of blood.
I was taken to a dentist who took out my half tooth left out…
I once again got the fear of riding the cycle.


Then, after a year, on a pleasant day,
my mom encouraged me for riding the cycle.
I had  3 to 4 rounds on the bicycle and, in this way,
I got confident by facing the fear.

Lastly, I would like to say, that the only way to be confident in life
is through working on your weaknesses.
           

(P.S.: These are the impromptu speeches made by our on-going PD-course students on the topic: ‘WHAT MAKES ME CONFIDENT’. I shall be sharing them here on my blog for some days, and they will be published in a book by the same title on 12th June, 2016, the day of the certification.)

GERALD D'CUNHA 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...