LIKE CARRYING A BACKPACK FULL OF ROCKS

 



“The best preparation for tomorrow is

doing your best today.”

― H. Jackson Brown Jr. 

 

While Jesus was dying on the cross, in pain and sorrow, the High Priests, the teachers of religious (Jewish) law, mocked him. “He saved others; but, he can’t save himself… Didn’t he claim, that he was the king of Israel? Let him come down from the cross right now, and we will believe in him… He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’  So, let his God rescue him now, if his God wants him.”

As a Christian, I am told in the Gospels, that Jesus knew of his painful end, and he, also, had foretold about his resurrection after three days of his crucifixion. Because, I was born in Christian faith, it’s easy for me to accept that fact. 

But, if I am not a believer in Christ, perhaps, I might scoff him saying the same thing that the High Priests did: “Hello, you saved others; why can’t you save yourself now… If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross… I will then believe in you.”

Faith in God and Godmen is a strange phenomenon. I hear thousands of people scoff Sadhguru (Isha) similarly… “You promised  Kailasa to your followers (at exorbitant fees)… They blindly trusted you… Why couldn’t you save them? Couldn’t you foresee the doom?”

Still, millions of his believers, including the families of the unfortunate souls, defend their Guru… “It’s not Guru’s fault… It’s purely an unfortunate natural calamity.”

Just as how Jesus was mocked, Sadhguru is mocked. Only difference between the two is: Jesus did not charge anything when he taught; Sadhguru did… Yes, heavily!






But, then,  I am not interested in bringing faith in this post… To each, his own. My comment can be sacrilegious in the eyes of many around me…

So, let me leave the holy man from Nazarene and the holy man from Coimbatore alone…

Here is what I want to convey…

Just a few nights ago, some extremely-anxious thoughts were disturbing my sleep… I was worried about, yes, ‘tomorrow’… “What would happen?”… “What if that happens?”…

The next morning, I woke up with heaviness. I had a choice, to continue worrying, or, ‘act’.

I acted… One thing led to another… The fog began to disappear… The road became visible… helping me, also, to see: What I worried about, it was born out of fear. What manifested, it did out of my actions of faith…

I am laughing at what I had feared just a few nights before… I can hear what Vera Nazarian is saying:

 

“Would you like to know your future? If your answer is yes, think again. Not knowing is the greatest life motivator.
So
, enjoy, endure, survive each moment as it comes to you in its proper sequence -- a surprise.”





 

GERALD D;CUNHA

Pic.: Pixabay  1. Jeff Tucker  2. Peggy Marco

Video: Aura Meditation

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUT, NOT INTO EACH OTHER'S KEEPING...

CHIKNI CHAMELI...

THE SPANISH DANCE

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...