A FEW IMPORTANT PEOPLE... AND A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS














I did not watch a lot of ‘crap’, today, on my phone or computer… I did not read a lot of ‘crap’ from the newspaper… I did not take some calls, did not respond to some messages and, I did not allow some people to come into my space…


Unimportant stuff and unimportant people… I just cut them off from my consciousness, consciously!


So much of the stuff I soak myself in, every day – from the time I rise to the time I retire at night – yes, so much of that mind-fodder is not only unimportant, but, it’s also toxic.


“Dad, be particularly careful about what thoughts you take to bed,” my 26-year-old son advised to me, today, “If you consciously feed your mind with positive and peaceful thoughts, you will rise in the morning with a new energy, upbeat.”


Do I consciously feed my mind with positive and peaceful thoughts every night when I retire? There are days, I don’t. On those days, the thoughts I go to bed with are negative and disturbing. The result is: I wake up the next morning feeling drained and anxious.


So, today, my son was telling me, “Dad, be mindful of what you watch, read and listen to… Be mindful of people you allow yourself to influence. Most of it is, and most of them are, unimportant, and, you simply need to cut off this crap.”


A few important people, and a few important things… Yes, in Life, that’s all I need for my well-being and peace. I need to cut the clutter off, consciously… and keep my life simple and lean!


In a while, I will be going to bed… And, I need to consciously carry to bed only those peaceful and grateful thoughts, which will help me rise with a new vigour, upbeat.


Some lessons, which we taught to our own beloved children, are destined to come back to us from them… That’s something so beautiful about Life.







GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Avinash Mantri

Video: YouTube/ NZMD



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...