FORGIVENESS IS THE FINAL FORM OF LOVE









“Blame keeps wounds open,” says Thomas S. Manson, “Only forgiveness heals.”

I know it is true. Yet, I find it so difficult to end this blame-game. Frankly, I only pretend, often, that I don’t blame… But, I alone know what a lie that is!

Now, why is it so difficult for me to end the blame-game completely? What comes on the way?

My Ego!

Our Egos!

So often, I have seen, that we come very close to ending our misunderstandings and making peace. But, just when we are about to embrace, something – some past unresolved memory, hurt etc – pops up, and we step back, once again!

‘We’ means… two people from within our families, as close as a husband and a wife, a parent and a son or daughter, an uncle/aunt and a nephew/niece… two partners in a business, two neighbours, two community members, two business or political opponents etc…

Experience shows us,  that, even though we all desire to live a peaceful life, we do not know what prevents us from doing it… 

Ego blinds us… It doesn’t allow us ‘see’ that ‘blockade’!

“Forgiveness liberates the soul… It removes fear,” said Nelson Mandela, “That’s why it’s such a powerful weapon.”

Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Dalai Lama, end, even Jesus Christ… They all had people in their lives who they could not make peace with… I mean from both the ends! If so, who are we to claim, that we are some evolved souls?

Yesterday, my friend, Ashish, sent to me this video:





I listen to Gaur Gopal Das regularly and find his message to be very simple and practical. Yes, I said, ‘Practical’…

Look, what an honest confession he makes before his foreign audience! It takes huge amount of courage and fearlessness to do that…

You must have watched this video from Deepak Ramola, too…





Yes, Sir, ending the blame-game is not very easy. Ego creeps in even before we blink!

But, then, if we are conscious – totally aware – when our Egos creep in, I think, it does a lot good to our well-being… Our entire life is a journey of dealing with our egos… It’s a journey of learning to love and live in peace…That’s why Reinhold Niebuhr said, “Forgiveness is the final form of love.”


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Kamal Kishore Rikhari

Videos: Gaur Gopal Das/Deepak Ramola (YouTube)



Comments

Very aptly put Gerry! Coupled with videos It makes a defining blog!
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanx Ashish.... In fact, the video you shared did it. Love

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...