ARE WE STILL WAITING TO 'ACHIEVE' SUCCESS AND 'EXPERIENCE' HAPPINESS?










I have made this confession several times before… That, my idea about ‘Success’ and ‘Happiness’ has undergone a sea-change over the years. Yes, for quite some time in my life, Success and Happiness were ‘goals’ in my life… Something I had to ‘achieve’… A station I had to ‘reach’, ‘arrive at’, after a long struggle and quest.

But, it’s no more so. Now, to me, Success and Happiness, both, are found along the way, along my journey. I feel, if our struggles and quests in life are our journeys, Success and Happiness are what our hearts cherish along the waysides. Expecting to achieve Success or experience Happiness when we, ‘finally’, reach or stations, is just not going to happen… It’s going to be disappointing and frustrating!

“Nobody ‘settles down’ in Life,” I would hear my friend, Dr. Deepak, saying this in our Workshops. He would then add, with a mischief in his eyes, “Only mud settles’!”

Well, neither doctors like him nor teachers like me can settle down in Life. We will never, ever be able to say, one day, “Yes, this is it!”…

There are so many ‘This-is-it’ moments in Life… We experience them every day, everywhere as we go about our journeys. If our hearts are closed to these moments, then Success and Happiness will eternally elude us…

Early this morning, I found this message shared by Dr. Deepak…

The whole concept of 'Settling Down' is misleading…

We think we will settle down after finishing our studies…  (Seriously?) 
Maybe, after marriage… (Nope).
Then, we think we might settle down after being successful… (Doesn't happen)
Certainly, after having kids… (Do we?) 
Ok, after the kids grow up… (Absolutely not)

Life is not meant to settle down, 
Life is meant to struggle, to explore, to wander, to love, to lose, to learn,
to unlearn, to fail, to rebel, to live...

Even our ashes don‘t settle… They fly away in all directions!.

Try to cherish life... Its’ beautiful.

* Source: Unknown


Are will still waiting to ‘achieve’ Success and ‘experience’ Happiness?


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Usha Prasadh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...