WHAT MAKES A JOHN ABRAHAM CRY

 



“Those who do not weep, do not see.”

Victor Hugo

 

The things that make me cry may not be the things that make you cry. Similarly, the way I cry may not be the way you cry… I may cry at the drop of a hat… You may not cry even when a bomb is dropped right at your feet.

Let me see it from your perspective, now… You may cry every time you return home after a long stay away from home. I may stay stoic when I do that… You may cry when you see a newborn. I may not…

Let me come back to me, again… I may start crying when I am alone, watching a sunset or the restless waves of a sea… You may sit there like a rock. I may cry remembering my lost ones… You may stay stone-like…

And, who among us is a good soul? Who is real?

The real me is fragile… He cries at the drop of a hat… He cries when he is alone… when he beholds the night sky… when he listens to the quiet restlessness of the waves… He doesn’t require a big reason to cry… The very thought of God’s grace breaks his veneer… The thoughts of gratitude and the thoughts of being touched by another human make him show his tears…

So, I say, that the tears are good… whether we show them to others or conceal them. Tears are healthy…

Yes, as it’s said, “The real dishes break”…

Last night, I was watching this year-old video…






Every comment, below this video, is filled with praise for John Abraham. One aptly says, “body of steel, but heart of a child!”

That said, I am asking the same question which I started with: Does cruelty to hapless animals make me cry the way it does to a John Abraham?

I am still processing the impact of the video…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: Pixels/Wictoria Zabawa

 

Videos: SONY/ SET India

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...