OUR GIFTS TO GOD

 




“Your talent is God’s gift to you;

What you do with your talent is your gift to God.”

Leo Bascaglia


 

In life, need we do only ‘big things’ to feel good about ourselves? And, need we do things only with great fanfare to find validation?

Many a time, doing ‘small things’, quietly, seems not only unprofitable, but also unfashionable…

But, trust me, doing ‘small things’, quietly, is the surest way to truly feel good about ourselves. On the other hand, the desire to do ‘big things’ with great fanfare is a bottomless pit… It seldom gives us a true feeling of self-confidence.

Therefore, the key to self-confidence is to do small things with a big heart.

One way of reaching out to others – by doing small things, quietly – is through our talents.

We all know, that our talents are God’s gifts to us. And, as Leo Bascaglia says, “What we do with our talents is our gifts to God.”

For example, God has given me the gift of teaching, writing and motivating others. I have become acutely aware of the connection between giving back through my talents and my self-confidence. I find, that writing my daily blogs is the simplest way of using my talents to reach out to others… It costs me nothing. On the contrary, because I do it every day with no strings attached, I feel very happy about myself… This is the link between our small acts of giving and our self-confidence.





Besides our God-given talents, we also have many skills and strengths. I think, it’s very important for us to use these talents, skills and strengths to help and empower others… Yes, in small ways, and with least fanfare.

You see, having a lot of wealth doesn’t necessarily make us ‘giving’ people. Giving comes from an attitude of gratitude… It comes from an awareness of our privileges and a reverence for life.





So, if this kind of giving is accessible to all of us, the key to our happiness and self-confidence, too, is.


 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: Pixels

 

Video: 1. The Human Touch 

          2. GNTRI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...