IS 'AL' GOING TO BE WELL?

My name is Khan... Shah Rukh Khan.

Today is Thursday, and tomorrow will be Friday. Shiv Sena is hell-bent: Unless Shah Rukh tenders an apology to the nation, it would not allow SRK's movie - "My Name Is Khan' - to be released, tomorrow.

What apology? I think, it is for SRK's statement, that he was hurt - for India not allowing any Pakistani player to play in any of the IPL teams.

Sena says, the 'nation' is hurt by SRK's statement... That, he is a 'traitor'. So, the noose is tightened... Tomorrow is the date of release... Already, the Sainiks are let loose; they are on the rampage.

I do not watch TV. But, last night, I happened to have a glimpse of it in some one's house. Just watching it for ten minutes, my head started spinning! Now, I am anxious; I want to know - "What is going to happen?"

In the Auto, this morning, I asked the driver the same question: "Kya hoga?" ... "What is going to happen?"

"By today evening, Shah Rukh will say 'Sorry'," the autowala told me, confidently. "All this is setting."

"Setting?" I asked in surprise. "Who has done the setting?"

"Come on sir," the autowala reacted turning his head towards me, "You know very well - who?"

I was even more surprised. If the autowala thinks that I know, then, I must be knowing. Maybe, I must try a little harder to remember... I thought.

"Will the King Khan say 'Sorry'?" that is the question haunting my mind, presently. I am sitting on the seat's edge, biting my nails, unable to bear the suspense... I am glued to the TV... I am waiting, with bated breath, for the 'evening'.

In the mean time, Amir Khan, even though he doesn't' like Shah Rukh's nose, has kept his hand on his heart and says, "Al iz well."

I am curious: "Is 'al' going to be well?" I am tensed, I can't relax.

Ten minutes of watching TV brought about this condition in me. What if I do it 24 X 7 ?

Yes, what if? I am curious, I am anxious... I think I must start watching more TV. I think it is all setting. I know why I am not watching... Because I want to watch more.

What is this? I am going around and around in circle. First, the Good God created Adam, gifted him a lovely partner - Eve... He put them in that heavenly Eden Garden... gave them all the rights, all the freedom... all the happiness. But, I do not understand why He had to plant that 'apple tree' right in the middle of the garden... and why He had to forbid them from eating its fruits. They ate, He became angry, He threw them out of the garden... and brought about all the miseries of the mankind. Then, again, He sent His only son, Jesus, to this world to 'save' us, the mankind! Why all this trouble? He is God... He could have stopped this from happening, in the first place.

My head is spinning. I am waiting for the evening.


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...