OUR DECEMBER THANK-YOU NOTES



















“Just because we can't find a solution
it doesn't mean that there isn't one.”
-       Andrew Wiles

People have already started sending ‘Thank-you notes’… December has started, you see. Actually, that’s a nice feeling… both, to tell someone ‘Thank you for everything’… and to hear from someone the same…

Two days ago, I saw a touching video sent to me by one of my ex-students now based in Tanzania. “Sir, I wanted to say this to you,” he wrote, “Though more than twenty years have gone by!”

It was late in the night… I was about to go off to sleep. Now, who wouldn’t feel moved by a confession like that?

I got a good sleep that night!

Thanks-giving is one side of the coin. The other side is seeking forgiveness for hurting people around us. Thanks-giving comes to us relatively easily. But, to seek forgiveness, we need to bend more, melt more…

I look back at the year that is about to dissolve and see so many people I should be thankful to, and so many people I should be seeking forgiveness from. The process begins in mind, with a true intent…

In my case, yes, it has begun…

Thank you everyone for being there when I needed you the most…

Forgive me if I have caused you any hurt in my hour of darkness.

“All is well that ends well.” Shakespeare wanted us to forget all the pain and hassles that we had to go through in order to have a happy-ending.

To some of us, it may not seem to be a happy ending, yet… But, still, not losing sight of that goal is the only honourable way to reach there… Yes, as Andrew Wiles said:

“Just because we can't find a solution
it doesn't mean that there isn't one.”

Let’s wish each other, therefore, a happy-ending.


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Anil Bedi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...