AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME

 




“There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world;

that is an idea whose time has come.”

Victor Hugo

 

The one thing, that has brought mankind, from the stone age to this age of Artificial Intelligence, is the elixir called ‘Ideas’. Just look back at last two decades or so… Imagine the lightning speed with which our lives have changed in relation to information technology and social media! Nothing seems to come out in this world with a fairly-long shelf life… Everything becomes obsolete, outdated… so fast.

And the reason?

That powerful little-spark in man’s mind – that elixir of every change – called ‘Ideas’!

So, as I said, if man has evolved from the stone age to this age of AI, it’s only because of the swiftly-popping ideas. Life would have been stagnant and stale had it not been for the burst of ideas in human mind!





 

“Thoughts are things!” When I first read this expression in Napoleon Hill’s book ‘Think and Grow Rich’, I sat back and grasped this wisdom: “If you have to grow in life, it has to start with your thoughts… Whatever you can  conceive and believe in your mind, you can achieve”

Yes, mind is the fertile soil for imagination… Ideas grow in this fertile soil. As Victor Hugo dramatically puts it, “There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world; that is an idea whose time has come.”






I was invited, last evening, to share my story at ‘T-talk’ (Train of Thoughts). It’s a simple, but well-conceived, initiative by a gentleman named Dr. Cheema. The idea is simple: Invite people to share their stories, their ideas… Let it set in motion the train of thoughts… Let it reach people far and wide.

So, what kind of story a man like me could share?

I shared the story of my own evolution - from the age of worthlessness to the age of worthwhileness. That’s the story of my own self-development… How I developed my self-confidence and communication skills.

At T-talk, Dr. Cheema is ably assisted by a dedicated team.  The faith in their vision and mission is deep… That, every drop of thought – ‘Ek boond Soch Ki’ – goes to make a vast ocean… No drop – no thought – is a waste!

I myself had started the initiative called – The Dawn Club – purely out of a burning idea in my mind to help young ones develop their self-confidence. Thirty-two years ago, when this idea exploded in my mind, it was that solitary drop – ‘Ek Boond Soch ki’. But, I had the same vision and faith, which Dr. Cheema has today… that, the idea would soon catch up… move like a train… grow like an ocean!

Ideas are, always, like that… First, we need to give life to them. Then, they give life to a million more ideas!

Just as how a mighty train gets in motion…

Just as how a vast ocean gets formed!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay 

Video: jonathanseagull28/Neil Diamond

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...