A QUIET NOTE INTO MY HAND


 


The sign of true love is not a diamond;

it’s a cross.”

Anonymous

 

Our shoulders are not broad enough to carry the problems of the world. Forget the ‘world’, we cannot even carry the problems of a handful around us. Yet, we happily and readily carry on our shoulders the problems of ‘a chosen few’… Don’t we?

I have done that, and I still do that. Similarly, there are a few Jesus Christs around me, who readily, happily  and, unconditionally, carry my cross on their shoulders...

That’s how Love, always, has been… and will be. I will, always, find strength and grace to carry on my shoulders the burdens of a chosen few… and, I will, always, find some chosen few to carry my burden on theirs…

Some days ago, a dear one pressed into my hand a beautiful note when he sensed the weight of some of my burden. The note read:


“The sign of true love is not a diamond; it is a cross.”






Only yesterday, another friend of mine spent almost half a day, sidelining all his pressing work, to be by my side, in order to help me out in a moment of my stress. This friend, a busy professional and a fine communicator, has done it for me umpteen number of times, before. I find it mysterious as to why he does it for me… Often, he does it quietly, sensing my limitations and anxiety… He does it voluntarily, readily, happily and, most importantly, unconditionally…

The meaning of the note pressed into my hand gets crystal clear to me… that the cross is the true sign of true love!

As I said, at the outset, our shoulders are not broad enough to carry the burdens of the world. But, they are broad enough to carry the burdens of a chosen few… We are each other’s Jesus Christs… We are here on this earth to lighten each other’s burdens…

And, this thought is very comforting… very reassuring!






I just messaged a close relative of mine, who is presently going through a painful patch: “I am praying for you.” It was a full-felt message… I really wished good for my relative… I really asked God to help her…

There are many ways of showing true love to the ones who we really care… There are many ways of carrying each other’s cross.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s: pixabay

Video: Cassandra Star Armstrong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...