THE FLOW OF THE RIVER

"Why has the flow of the river suddenly stopped?"

I posted my last blog on 2nd Feb. It is almost a month now. My friends ask me the question: "Why has the flow of the river suddenly stopped?"

Life is like a river. Its job is to flow; no one can stop it from doing so. And, if any one attempts to do so, it finds a new way to flow, a new direction. But, the essential thing is the 'source'. A river always has a source; it flows 'out' of it. It is only when the source itself dries up, that the river stops flowing.

I am still connected to my source; I am still flowing.

During these 'dry days', I was busy producing a small book for our Housing Society. I had titled it as: 'THE CHOICE... WITH A HEALING TOUCH'. It is a book of about twenty-eight pages. I poured my soul into it. Yes, the river did flow ... only in a different direction, for a while.

The book opens with this passage:

"What applies to an individual,
Also applies to a Society;
What applies to a Society,
Also applies to a Nation,
Applies to the Universe."

'MAN IS THE CREATOR
OF HIS OWN UNIVERSE.'

Is that not true?

Some of us are very keen to bring back sanity, unity and harmony in our housing Society. The process is frustrating. People are different; they perceive and react to situations differently. They get influenced by false propaganda, they accuse baselessly, they play mind games, petty politics ... and, they go on long ego-trips ... They sit on the judgement seat and condemn others ... And, when all this happens, it is but natural to give up your efforts, become pessimistic, bitter and cynical. Highly sensitive people like me, normally stay away from such work. My skin is too thin to bear the brunt of thanklessness.

I am clear about this: I do not wish to get sucked into the never-ending cesspool of Society politics. I will try my best, with some like-minded members, to work for sanity, unity and harmony. If our efforts succeed, well and fine. If they don't, we will - at least I will - feel that I have done my best.

And that is about it.

Just towards the end of this book, I have written this passage:

"It is such a pity -
that, we do everything else on this earth,
except - the LIVING!

Life is too short for keeping all our score cards ...
Who knows, whether we will see 'tomorrow's Sun?

And, most certainly, the Sun will rise
from the East, tomorrow,
at the appointed time ...
Yes, without any of us around!"

'PLEASE, FOR GOD'S SAKE,
SAY A HEARTY 'HELLO' ...
PLEASE SAY - 'IT IS ALL RIGHT'."

I am aware of my limitations as much as I am aware of my strengths. Some people do not change, some situations frustrate us, some people always remain insecure and toxic, while some secure and graceful. I am aware of the 'imperfect' world I live in. I am aware of the conflict and disharmony within me ...

That's why, probably, I scribbled these final words:

"Please pause here and reflect ...
Harmony can spring only from silence."

I do not know, what will happen to my Society. But, I know what will happen to me:

I will not cease to flow in harmony with my source.

I will not lose my sanity trying to make a cat bark.



GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...