HOW TO PUT AN END TO HIS EVIL?













“The joy of seeing another person in pain, frustrated or angry
is a delicacy only for the most wicked.”
― Robin Sacredfire

I think, in Life, our goodness is not goodness unless and until it is tested in the burning oven called evil. No matter how good, you think, you are – how virtuous, compassionate and pious – there has got to be someone in your life as wicked and evil-some as a Kamsa in Krishna’s life, Herod in Jesus’, Ravan in Ram’s and Hiranyakashipu in little Prahlad’s…

Sometimes, I really wonder, if stories of Krishna, Jesus, Ram and Prahlad would have been ever complete without their respective villains… Yes, we need our villains to complete our stories… the stories of triumph of good over evil!

Still, humans that we are… We get anxious and fearful to approach our lives with the thoughts of ‘battles’… We pray to God, each new day, to do away the ‘test’ from us… and, in the end, we all come to that silent zone of acceptance and grace: ‘Thy will be done… not mine’!

“What to do with this man?” Late last night, I was expressing before a friend of mine my anxiety about a certain ‘evil’ person in my own life, “How to put an end to his evil?”

My friend, who had witnessed this evil drama for years and had tried his level best to bring in sanity, said, after a long pause… “Nothing… You should do nothing, now. Because, you, and we all, have done every possible thing to bring in sanity and peace… Now, you should leave it God… Let Him do the needful.”

My friend, then, went on to explain to me about an incident in his own life. “I want to tell you about one of my business customers who cheated me for twenty-lakh rupees. I am a simple man… and that was my hard-earned money… a huge sum for a person like me… I did every possible thing in my hand, including shouting and abusing at times, to recover my money… But, that man willfully made me suffer… Finally, on the advice of some of my good friends, I gave up… I wrote-off the amount in my mind… Surprisingly, I found a new energy in my heart to build my business and I made money many-fold more than what I had lost… But, mark what I am saying now: this man, who had made me suffer, ended up losing everything he had… He is literally on the road, now!”

Many times, when we hear stories like this one, we tend to conclude, “It is impractical… and naïve.” But, if we really pause and contemplate on it, that route is the most practical and sensible route to maintain our sanity in the face of intense insanity in our lives…

All evil people go in the most horrible way. That’s the Law of Nature… call it the Law of Karma, if you wish…

It’s best to let our story be complete!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Anil Bedi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...