SABKO SANMATI DE BHAGWAN


















“Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names,
but they all contain water. Just as religions do –
they all contain truths.”
- Muhammad Ali

There cannot be several Creators of this Universe. It means, there cannot be several Gods… your God, his god and my God. It’s silly to even think that our prayers are made to different Gods – even though we call Him by different names… and worship in different ways. Yes, it’s really silly to even think that we all are different as far as God’s children are concerned.

“Religions get lost as people do,”  said  Franz Kafka. When we are lost, how can we see and appreciate the beauty in our fellow-men’s religions?

I just can’t understand how my religion can be better than my fellow-men’s… How my God can be superior to theirs.  Till I cannot see and appreciate the beauty in my fellow-men’s faith and  prayers, I cannot see in my own…

I regularly play on my PC soft religious music. They belong to all faith… my own, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Zen, Sufi… any faith. I do not even need their lyrics… Often, I do not even understand their meaning… But, when I listen to them, my heart melts, tears roll down and time simply stops!

What else is needed to reach God?

Today, for example, I have been playing on my computer some of my favorite hymns – in their various forms – over and over again. I can never be tired and bored listening to them… The more I listen to them, the more I appreciate my fellow-men’s faith as I do my own…

Let me share with you three of them, here, in this Post…

“Ishwar Allah there naam, Sabko sanmati de Bhagwan.”




“I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.”






“Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E'en though it be a cross that raiseth me;
Still all my song shall be nearer, my God, to Thee.”




What else you need to be religious in life?


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Poornima Sathy
Videos: YouTube


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...