SEE THE MOON



“Perhaps the crescent Moon smiles in doubt at being told
that it is a fragment awaiting perfection.”


The Waxing Moon – the Moon moving from the New Moon to the Full Moon – is a delightful sight to behold. Though I love to behold the Crescent Moon in both its avatars – that is, when it is waxing and waning both – the sight which inspires me the most is when it is waxing… moving from the New Moon to  the Full Moon. In Astrology, it is believed, that the Waxing Moon period - the 14-day period during which the Moon moves upward from its infancy – is the time for spells that attract positive change, love, good luck and growth. It’s also believed, that this is the time for new beginnings, to conceive ideas, and invoke blessings.

I have never analyzed this belief, though. Yes, the Waxing Moon has always fascinated me ever since I remember. I have found it not only inspiring… I have found it very, very romantic, too!

“See the Moon,” my wife teased me, last morning, while we were doing our morning walk. As we always walk in opposite directions, she was coming from East to West and I was going from West to East… The Moon rested on the Eastern horizon and she had sighted it first… and she knew how fascinated I had, always, been with a new-born Moon!

“Did you see?” my wife asked me when we intersected on our next round…

“Yes, yes… Very romantic,” it was my turn to tease the lady!

Honestly, I do not think, that the Moon, on its own, can influence my destiny unless I allow it to, unless I want it to. Probably, a person like me, who always gets fascinated by the Waxing Moon, unwittingly allows it to shape his destiny…

Is it not the ancient Law of Attraction? Looking at this baby Moon, my heart yearns for more joy, love, prosperity… It invokes new ideas and blessings.

“See the Moon.” To me, my wife’s teaser in the darkness of the dawn, yesterday, is just a metaphor… It contains loads of meaning. As Jean Ingelow says:
“The Moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one Moon.”

After all, we all are the night flowers… aren’t we?


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Memorable Meanders-Blogger


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...