HERE I GO OUT TO SEE AGAIN


 


“Acceptance does not mean resignation.

It means understanding, that something is what it is,

and, that there’s got to be a way through it.”

Michael J. Fox

 

Some days ago, I had written a Blog post titled ‘But, some people just don’t like peaches.”

When I wrote this Post, what I had in my mind was this: ‘Look, I may be the sweetest, juiciest and the rarest peach on the tree. But, some people just don’t like peaches.’

Is that not true in everyone’s life?

Something, always, triggers me to write my everyday Blog posts. I was unable to understand why a certain person was simply not seeing my goodness… He, on the contrary, was very critical and caustic in his views about me… Did it unsettle me? Made me feel bad and bitter?

Of course, it did!

I am not a stone… As Shylock (in ‘The Merchant of Venice’) bursts out with his own feelings, I, too, tend to: ‘When you prick me, don’t I cry? When you tickle me, don’t I laugh? And, yes, when you compliment me, don’t I feel loved and happy?’

Yes Sire, we all do… The Jews and the Gentile alike!

But, then, what can I do when someone simply doesn’t like me?

The sooner I accept the truth, that, no matter how sweet and noble I am, some people will not like me, the better it will be for my peace of mind. So, a few moments of sulkings later, I end up saying - ‘It’s okay. Whether he likes or doesn’t like me, I do… I do.'




In life, the way to ‘acceptance’ is, invariably, through the jungle of ‘resistance’.  I know it well, now… and, therefore, I do not fail to share the experience in my Blog posts…

What may get lost in our haste to become ‘The Buddhas’ is the other side of the jungle: What if ‘we don’t like some peaches’, no matter how sweet and juicy they are?

My friend, Reena* wrote to me, today, after reading my Post: “Sir, I really don’t like peaches.”

Reena’s LOL emoji conveyed to me, that I had to explore a bit into the other side of the jungle. So, I replied:

“Well, Reena, the Post is about ‘You may be the sweetest peach on the tree, but some people just don’t like peaches.’ While accepting this truth makes us peaceful, it’s, also, important to accept the truth, that life would be even more peaceful, if we could learn to like what we don’t like’… including peaches. Love.”




Just as some, always, don’t like peaches and we need to make peace with that reality, we, too, just don’t like some peaches in life. Learning to like what we don’t like does help us out of the jungle of resistance… The sooner that happens, the better it will be!

Reena had concluded, “Yes, accepting it, the hard way!”

 

*Name changed

 

GERALD D;\’CUNHA

 

Pic’s.:  Pixels/1. Andrea Piacquadio 2. Anete Lusina

 

Video: Ketie Melua

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...