YOU'VE GOT TO DROP SOMETHING

 




“Of all the choices you make each day,

none is more important than the choice of

a positive attitude.”

Germany Kent

 

If I am not comfortable with the world outside, it only signifies, that I am not comfortable with my own self. This truth hits me, time and again, when I see myself irritated and reactive.

Things don’t always go the way I want them to… Still, I want them to. The result is the inner conflict.

When there is inner conflict, it’s difficult to stay positive… stay hopeful. Bitterness creeps in. The world outside looks dark…

The challenge, therefore, is to clean up my own cobwebs… The world outside would, most certainly, appear clean.

You and I can learn to stay positive by dealing with our daily little irritations… By being less judgmental, by rejoicing in others’ success, by being a little more patient and tolerant, by being kind to, both, ourselves and others, by staying away from all toxicity, by not letting others’ drama to disturb our own peace, by getting in touch with our expectations, by getting in touch with our useless attachments etc.

In other words, the world will go on as it is supposed to – with turmoil. The only way we can deal with this world is by reacting less to this turmoil…

Silence helps.  






Anthony de Mello says: “You don’t have to add anything to be happy; you’ve to drop something.”

Drop what?

Silence may tell…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixaby/tumblr/StarFlames

 

Video: Gaur Gopal Das/We can

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...