EVERYTHING IS TAKEN CARE OF, MY FRIEND

 




“Gratitude is an amplifier of wealth.”

Handrith Vanlon Smith Jr.

 


A friend of mine, a professional photographer, is presently travelling across the holy cities like Varanasi, Rishikesh and so on. He had been wanting to go to these places alone, stay in very modest inns, eat simple food, and, of course, offer prayers. Being a photographer, he, also, wanted to capture some beautiful images. It has been two weeks now…

Last morning, there was a call from my friend… He seemed disturbed by a thought: “I am unable to capture images the way I had wanted to,” my friend complained.

“Why so?” I asked.

“The places are heavily crowded,” my friend said, “There are hundreds of photographers out here… They have far superior cameras… They are freely taking pictures in rain or shine… I am worried about taking my cameras in the water… etc., etc.., etc.”

I asked, “Are you there for pictures, or for a quiet spiritual experience?”

“Well, both,” my friend said measuredly.

“What is the dominating reason to travel?” I pressed.

“To have a quiet spiritual experience,” my friend said.

“Then, leave your camera in your room and step out each day,” I advised, “You will come back enriched… and enlightened.”

“Yes, that’s what my son has advised me, too,” my friend said.





Why need we capture every experience through our lenses? Why can’t we leave our lenses behind when we step out of our doors?

There is no end to the progress we all can make in our professions. Still, there are times we need to just keep our tools down… Get into our boats and just go away from the crowd… as Jesus, often, did to visit that quiet place within Himself…

The images can wait. Let others capture them as much as they please… You need not get upset seeing the frantic pace outside. In fact, you may watch it with a smile on your face and silence in your heart. Let them remain busy clicking pictures while they are in the holy rivers… Let your heart bathe in the sacredness. Let them capture the sound of the temple bells through their videos… You just let it comfort your soul…

There is no hurry, my friend, when you are on a pilgrimage… Everything can wait…

Everything is taken care of…

Capture that!




 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's.: pixabay

 

Video: Papon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...