JI SIR

There is heavy leakage out side my office. A crack in one of our building pipes is responsible for this. It is one week now, since I lodged a complaint. Our plumber has come, at least four times, to 'see' the problem - the mess the leakage has caused out side my office ... and, on each of his visit, he has been extremely courteous to me!

"Plumber bhayya, dekho kitna gandha ho gaya hai; please, isko teek koro."

"Ji sir."

After two days: "Plumber, kya hua?"

"Sir, aaj pakka kar ke dhoonga."

"Pakka?"

"Ji sir, bilkul."

" Pakka khabhi?"

"Aaaj gyara bhaje, pakka."

The next day: "Dekh, tumara jabhan ko koyi respect nahin ye kya?"

"Sir, aaj teen bhaje tak, aap ka kaam ho jayega."

"Dekh raja, tum jawan ho. Aisa kaam karoge toh, kaun rakega? Achcha kaam karoge, toh achcha hoga life."

"Ji sir, bilkul sahi kaha aap ne."

Three days are over. The 'jawan raja' is still hell-bent in teaching me a lesson or two on this great virtue called - 'Patience'.

The pipe is still leaking, the mess is still piling up ...

But, by now, I am sure, this plumber is a God's angel who has specially come down to make me a 'refined' human being!

Ji sir!


GERALD D'CUNHA


7th November, 2008:

P.S.: In life, after a certain point of time, we 'get used to' everything. After one week of pleading, cajoling, threatening, when nothing changed -- neither the leaking pipe, nor the mess, nor the 'Ji Sir' -- I dropped my 'agitation'. The repelling sound of the 'water fall', the 'aroma' it emanated, the 'manna' from the heaven, and the sight of the 'courteous' angel ... oh! everything began to appear 'perfect'!

Today, I had been out. In the afternoon, when I reached my office, I was 'shocked' to see something wrong: The pipe had been fixed!

Even Jesus Christ took three days to come out of the tomb!

It took exactly three days - from the death of my agitation - for our plumber to come out of his tomb and fix the pipe. And, for me to come out from mine, too!

The leakage has stopped, both, outside and inside. The mess is cleared, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...