PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP...














Pic.: Neerja Panchal



If you ask me, today, as the curtain comes down on 2013, what would be my one prayer before God, I would reply, without even stopping for my next breath:

“Lord, help me remain grateful, hopeful and cheerful.”

In fact, in life, what else does matter?

To wait for the problems in my life to get over in order to celebrate life, is being ignorant about life… As long as my life exists, my problems exist. So, to plead God to do away my problems is totally a wasteful exercise on my part…

Perhaps, “Lord, give me strength, give me courage, give me wisdom… to handle my problems, to carry by share of burden in life,” yes, this seems to be a more sensible prayer…

The more I look back on my years, the more I get convinced, that my problems have come and gone just as the clouds do in the sky… I get more and more convinced, that just as we should not lose faith in the bright Sun, who is momentarily covered by the Smokey clouds, we should not lose faith in the bright wisdom concealed behind the fog of our daily problems in life…

“My friend, just hang on there… Hang on for a while,” the voice seems to come from behind the dark clouds…

“Yes, pay heed, my friend…”

So, today, as we all are set to walk into one more year – a new-year -  let’s sing this inspiring song along with the amazing singer, Josh Groban:






"You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)"

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one needs to be heard
You are loved




With  love and prayer in my heart, I wish you all a really, really bright and happy new-year… May God give you strength, courage and wisdom to feel you are loved…



Please don’t give up! 




GERALD D’CUNHA
Video courtesy:YouTube

Comments

Anonymous said…
Right post for the new year Gerry. Sheela
Kewal said…
Inspiring. Kewal

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...