ROOH MEIN FAASLE NAHI HOTE...



















Pic.: Neerja Panchal

I did not know who Heath Andrew Ledger was until my son told me about him. It was through my son’s highly-charged recounting of the legend of ‘the Joker’ – the character Heath Ledger made immortal and left behind as his enduring legacy - that I was inspired to watch all the Batman movies with my son. Let me tell you, I truly realized why my young son, and millions like him, were so spellbound – almost numbed – by the untimely death of Heath Ledger, barely days before the release of his amazing film!

Did Heath Ledger know what a stellar performance he had given in his last movie?

A similar thought had passed through my mind when Yash Chopraji passed away after putting his heart and soul into his last movie – ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’…

What a title? Just think about it… Till my last breath! Yes, till my last breath, I shall endeavor to do what my heart longs to… and, I will do it with all the passion in the world!

I really loved the movie… and, one reason for that was the passion of this never-say-old romanticist… a genius… called Yash Chopra!

Did Yashji know he would not be there around to witness his last baby – his last dream?

And, today morning, when I first learnt about the death of Farooque Sheikh, I literally became numb!

Just a month ago, my wife and I had watched his last movie – ‘Club 60’ – and we both had thoroughly enjoyed it. We had laughed and cried through the movie, and, come home, especially, raving about the performances by Farooque and Sarika…

In the movie, Dr. Tarique (Farooque Sheikh) is a reputed neuro surgeon and his wife, Dr. Sayra (Sarika), too is a doctor. They are well-settled in Pune with a flourishing profession and a happy family. Now, all this changes, almost with the speed of a lightening, when their only son, who has just left for his studies to the US, dies in the shooting at the Denver movie-hall… Incidentally, the gunman’s diabolic act has been inspired by the madness of the Joker!

The world of the doctor-couple crumbles, all of a sudden… They go into a deep depression… which drives them fold up their flourishing business in Pune, sell off their assets and come to the city of Mumbai, to live in a house they had bought for their lost son…

But, life is dead for them, now!

Though Sarika regains her hold and starts working in a hospital, Farooque is unable to get out of his acute depression…

It is during this time, the funny fellow – a resident of their new building called – Mannu bhai (Raghuvir Yadav) comes into their lives and makes them join his peculiar club called – ‘Club 60’. Mannu bhai introduces four of his 60-plus friends – each one of them has a tragic story behind their now freaky-funny life… In the company of these ‘five grown-up-idiots’, Farooque slowly and steadily learns to love life, all over again…

Learns to laugh…

Learns to look forward…

Learns to let go…

Learns to live, love...

Yes, all over again.

So, today, as I got the news of Farooque Sheikh’s death due to heart attack, the first thing I asked was: “Did he know it would be his last brilliant performance?”


The songs in the movie and their lyrics are so beautiful… Two of them are my favorites:
 
Khokar maine aaj tumhe paaya hai… 
Fir se mere saath mera saaya hai…
 



And: 
Rooh mein faasle nahi hote...
Kaash hum tum mile nahin hote...




Life is beautiful…

This Post is in memory of this beautiful actor, and an amazing human being – Farooque Sheikh…





GERALD D’CUNHA

Video courtesy: YouTube


Comments

Meena Desai said…
Lovely post and lovely songs! Meena Desai
Shiva Nene said…
Wonderful post sirji. God bless.
.... Shiva

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...