WHEN FEAR DISSOLVES, EVEN DEATH MELTS






Pic.: Chetna Shetty

My wife had watched, yesterday, an inspiring video shared by our friend Sudha. It was the compelling story of Anita Moorjani, who had been through a near-death experience (NDE)… When I was home, at night, my wife was so charged by Anita’s story, that she coaxed me to watch the video before I went off to sleep!

It had happened on 2nd February 2006, in an emergency ward of a hospital in Hong Kong. Anita had been suffering from cancer for four years before that. Her organs had shut down, lungs were filled with fluid, body had become a skeleton… and she had walked into a coma… The doctors had told her family, that those were Anita’s final hours…

But, Anita survived… Yes, to tell us her inspiring story…  She did it in 2013 through her best-selling book ‘Dying To Be Me’…

Read that again… ‘Dying To Be Me’!

And, that’s what drew me close to what Anita wanted to say…

I haven’t read Anita’s book - ‘Dying To Be Me’, yet. But, I can tell you what Anita wants to tell us: “Friend, live your life fearlessly… You do not have to fear anything or anyone… You do not have to please anyone.. You do not need anyone’s approval… You do not have to give up your dreams and aspirations… You do not have to live others’ life… Live your own life, live with passion, live with love… live with all that you have, live your authentic life… yes, yes, yes, die to be ‘you’!”

Today, Anita goes around the world spreading just that one message: “Stop living in fear… stop pleasing others… stop feeling guilty, regretful or angry… Start loving yourself… start living your dreams with all your passion…”

And, that will heal you… including your cancer…

Too simplistic?

Well, I know this: Living in constant fear, living with guilt, regrets and anger, living as a pleaser… living someone else’s life… yes, it can never bring us good physical or mental health… Such a state is the fertile ground for disease…

When love and compassion come, fear dissolves… Anita says, “even cancer melts”…

However simple it sounds, I choose to believe Anita….

I choose to believe, that when I am dying to be me, I live my authentic life!

Thank-you Anita for inspiring life back into me…









GERALD D’CUNHA

Videos: YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...