CLEAN COMEDY









I am an old-fashioned connoisseur when it comes to enjoying comedy acts. Comedy acts have always been there. Much before the TV came in, our only entertainment, back home in our village, used to be some dramas or musical nites. Every drama and every musical nite had sprinkles of comedy. As we went to watch these shows as a family, the comedy always used to be clean and subtle. Very, very, very rarely it was crude. Even in the films, the comedy was an integral part of the family package. We watched it with our heads high.

But, now, in these times of the so-called ‘standup comedy’ or ‘roast’, or whatever that is, people like me have become dinosaurs... Extinct. The young crowd, especially girls, simply can’t control their laughter – or, so they portray. Whenever, by default, I try to watch an act or so, I end up getting a complex… “Hey, don’t I really understand this?” or, “Have I lost my libido?”

The fact is that, if comedy is crude, crass and vulgar, it just puts me off… And, I don’t mind being branded as ‘old-fashioned’ for that fact!

A few minutes ago, I happened to watch a short comedy act shared by my friend, Deepak. Well, he is a doctor, a psychiatrist in that… and, I am a teacher, and almost a ‘preacher’ in that. But, let me confess: this funny gentleman from Finland made ‘ASS’ a very respectable word in English! Here I share it with you… Enjoy…





Is it a ‘Father’s Day’ today? If so, I don’t mind enjoying this kind of comedy with my (late) father on one side and my young son on the other. Yes, with our heads held high, that is.

A happy Father’s Day.


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.:Internet
Video: YouTube


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...