BY THE PATH THEY CHOOSE, NOT THE POWERS THEY ARE GRACED WITH
















"Heroes are made by the path they choose,
not the powers they are graced with.”

– Iron Man

Saran and Tushar*, both, who are doing their B.Com, are still not able to figure out where the Accountancy subject, which I have been teaching them (Saran is in TY B.Com… He has learnt from me Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Cost Accounts and Taxation). Like scores of their friends do, they, too, come to teachers like me to learn those subjects. But, let’s face it: despite my decades of experience in ‘moving the mountains’ – that is, hoping to ignite thirst in my students, inspire them, motivate them and so and so forth… yes, despite all this, many of my students, like Saran and Tushar, are unable to figure out where and how the subjects they are learning, presently, are going to lead them. Their hearts call them somewhere else… They have a fair idea where. But, what they do not have is enough faith to follow their hearts…


Unfortunately, I cannot do it for them, you see!


Yesterday, both Saran and Tushar were glowing like the Moon on a full-moon night… They were, literally, on fire! “Sir, are you going to watch ‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME'?” I was asked by each one of them. Each of them advised me, “Watch it on IMAX big screen… I am going with my friends for the 1.30 night-show today (I do not know the authenticity of this timing, though!)... Tickets are sold out for the next full week… But, we got it at this price and that price, this way and that way… Don’t, don’t, DON’T miss it Sir… It’s a lifetime experience!”


Some years ago, my wife and I, by mistake, had landed up for a late-night show of ‘Captain America’. We failed to figure out what was going on there, even though the screen and the theatre were on fire! That’s our first and last ‘lifetime experience’! Still, this time around, I have decided to watch the ‘ENDGAME’, one of these days…


“What is it all about?” I had asked our little ones and young ones during one of the PD sessions. The answer was given to me by almost every boy and the girl in the class… They all knew what it was all about… They all loved the story of the Superheroes… and, they all were on fire!


I only wish they were equally aware of and excited about the ‘Superheroes’, who have been rendered jobless in their hearts… I only wish they knew their powers, magic and glory… I only wish they knew how important it is to know the difference between the virtual world and the real world…


And, I hope, when the virtual game ends, the real game will begin!








 *Names changed


GERALAD D’CUNHA

Pic.: ScreenGeek

Video:Furious Trailer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...