THE PATH GETS REVEALED AS YOU KEEP WALKING

















“God's will is like a jigsaw puzzle
until you put all the pieces together,
you won't be able to see the whole picture.” 
― Danny L. Deaubé


Do we need to be very definite – very clear – about what we want pursue in life? 
Do we need to put all our focus and go after it?
Do we need to have well-drawn plans to achieve them?
Do we need to keep some back-up plans?


My answer for all these questions is – ‘Yes’… A resounding ‘YES’!


“If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you ‘there’!” Yes, I have written, often, on this topic.


The fact is: I do not want to go ‘anywhere’…. And, I do not want ‘any road’ to take me ‘there’… ‘anywhere’!


I watched my own teacher, when I was in F.Y. B.Com, and desired to become like him - a good teacher and a good writer…


I became one.


But, I did not become a good teacher through the roads my idol had treaded… I had to tread my own roads. Often, those roads were rugged and scary… often, frustrating, daunting… keeping me ‘hungry and foolish’….


But, because I was definite in my mind as to what I wanted to pursue. I did not wait to do that till the ‘right time’ came… I started teaching my own friends right in my F.Y. B. Com days, right after my college hours… and, I felt so, so, so good about myself…


To me, those little baby-steps that we take to become what we aspire to become, right from where we are – yes, it determines whether we will become what we want to or not…


The Path has never been crystal clear to any one who has followed his heart. The path gets revealed as we keep walking towards the direction of our hearts’ call…


“Just follow your heart… Just be the Pilgrim, the Alchemist”… Yes, I did just that, and, I shall advise to any young one, just that. For, there is no other way for doing it… Leaving it to the winds is not the way of the Alchemists… Yes, it is God who disposes what Man proposes… But, trust me: God admires us every time we propose… He makes us ‘deserving’….


 “The only way you're going to reach places you've never gone,” says Germany Kent “is if you trust God's direction to do things you've never done.” 


Thy will be done!


One of my dearest students, who was absolutely ‘clear’ as to what she wanted to pursue, right since she was in Grade 9, went about choosing the right courses in her junior college. She was very definite about joining the ‘right’ degree college in another city in India and done all the possible preparations for it. She was, in my view, one of the brightest candidates, and a deserving one. Her parents had full faith in her and supported her all the way. But, we all, including, this young one, knew that if she did not get admission in the so-called ‘top’ college, her dream would not die and her world would not end… We all were prepared with Plan ‘B’ and, even, Plan ‘C’. Above all, we were all prepared with that one crucial ingredient: ‘Where she wanted to go’!


Yes Sir, when you know where you want to go, the Universe shows you the way!


Early, last morning, I saw the message from the young one, “Sir, not selected. But’ it’s fine. There is Plan ‘B’.”


There was, even, Plan ‘C’, I knew about it. I, also, knew about the pain she had to silently deal with grace and wisdom. I replied…


“G. Mng……  It will take a little more time to get over it. Just to recall… Young Amitabh Bachchan, when gave the audition for All India Radio, was rejected for his ‘awkward’ voice. His father, the legendary Harivansh Rai Bachchan, consoled him with the words, ‘Beta, mann ka ho toh achha… Na ho toh, aur achha.’ There must be a divine plan hidden in this episode. Sake off and move ahead dear. Love and best wishes.”


From my own experience, I know this: In Life, where we want to go is more important than how we want to go…


 Let John M Sheehan conclude with his advise:

 “Leave time for your soul to breathe the breath of God, today.” 



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Nicole Gubin-O'Ryan




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...