WAS HE MY ENEMY?




















“Find the sweetness in your own heart,
then you may find the sweetness in every heart.” 

- Rumi


Our enemy is the creation of our own insecure mind. We perceive someone as our ‘enemy’… because, we are not confident of ourselves… We are insecure. Moreover, an enemy takes birth in our mind, when we fail to see our own goodness and the goodness of another soul – including our so-called ‘enemy’.

Deep hatred towards another person, therefore, is nothing but a deep hatred towards our own selves. Yes, ironical – and unbelievable – it may sound!

Learning to love ourselves - by recognizing and accepting all our human flaws – is the most crucial step towards learning to love others. We all are ‘flawed’ people on this planet… The flaws that we see in others are the flaws that we have to see in ourselves. Kabir described it beautifully: “The river that flows in you flows in me, too.”

How true! Humanity is this river… The only religion… The only ‘dharma’!

12-year-old Neeraj Behere wrote the following story for our new book – ‘I am Good, The World is Good’… ‘Jaisi Drishti, Waisi Srishti’.

Hope, it will help us to clear the mist of enmity and see where it all comes from…



WAS HE MY ENEMY?

- Neeraj Behere (12)

Do you think the world is good?"  Yes, I think it is.

Being a good person is important in life. If you're a good person and spread happiness, good things will come back to you… That’s my belief.  
                   
Sometimes, bad things happen to very good people, and, sometimes, good things happen to bad people. But, that’s only ‘sometimes’. Most of the times, if you try to do good things, good things come back to us. The same thing happened with me in school, once.

I studied in Sherman Gangadhar Govind Patwardhan English Medium School, in Ratnagiri. Once, there was a competition in my school of running race. Our teacher had divided the students into two teams. I was in Shail's team; he was my good friend.

On the other side, there was a boy in our team named Farzad; he was my enemy and I, seriously, hated him. Farzad was my enemy; because, I thought he was a Muslim. He, also, used to take my stationary and never return it. He had, also, stolen my expensive pens. So, I began to hate him for all these reasons. I was unhappy that Farzad was in our team.     
      
During the competition, we both – Farzad and I - were running; and he was behind me. All of a sudden, I fell down… Farzad, immediately, helped me to get up.  He did not even think twice about it… He left his running track and came to help. I was bleeding… So, he informed the teacher about it, and, then, the teacher informed my parents.

During all this, I was left with mixed feelings about Farzad:  Was he my enemy? Was he a bad person? Then, why did I hate him?   
         
So, from this episode, I learnt, that the world looks good if I am able to see it with my own clean eyes!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Rekha Srikar Shenoy



Comments

The wonderful and delicious india cricket team is every person eagle to achieve the goal. Some time to get lot of effort make man perfect look like boom lift access in top.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...