LEARNING TO STAY OFF WHAT IS NOT RELEVANT























“Stop getting distracted by things
that have nothing to do with your goals.”

-     Unknown

Exactly a year ago, when I came home, after almost a month in the hospital (I had to undergo two surgeries, one to remove one of my kidneys which had a cancerous tumour, and the other following Pulmonary Embolism, where my lungs failed due to a blood clot), I was able to do a thing, which I wasn’t able to do for a very long time before that: to stop myself getting involved with some ‘irrelevant’ things in my life. Those things not only had nothing to do with my life goals, but had also become very, very toxic… I was getting more and more sucked into them, just because I was not able to assert myself and stay out of them. But, when I was not able to take even a single breath, leave alone a single step, while I was battling for life on my hospital bed, none of those things seemed relevant. In fact, I was able to see, so clearly, how they were distracting me from what was ‘important’ to me and my loved ones…

Often, disasters and crisis teach us the value of Life… They, mysteriously, teach us how to live sanely… how to stay away from toxic people and toxic activities… how to place health and happiness of self and loved ones on the top of all our priorities. Yes, it’s here, that we realize why we cannot really care for the outside world unless we are free from the poison inside…

Stay off the toxic people… Stay off the toxic activities… Stay off what is not relevant to your goals. Yes, we are able to hear this inner voice better when struck with crisis…

Good omen… Thank you!

Life is all about coming ‘home’, right?

Prodigal Sons that we all are!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Incompetech

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...