KABHI AISE GEET GAYA KARO















“Time is a game played beautifully by children.”
-      Heraclitus

During this Christmas week, one late evening, my wife had been to one of our friends’ house with a plum cake. After coming home, she said to me, “I loved the way they were spending the evening at their place… with wine glasses on the floor… both chilled out and enjoying their favourite web-series - ‘Young Sheldon’ (Amazon Prime) and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ (Netflix).”

Well, being my beloved wife, she knew what was not good for my well-being – the toxic news… whatever be it. I had an important lesson out there: “Learn to chill out… Lie down lazily on the floor, wife by your side, with wine glasses… and watch something light, hilarious, even stupid… Just to shed off that heaviness of your intellectual arrogance… Just be… Just laugh… Every minute of your calendar need not be filled with an agenda…”






Life is not a bed of roses, I know. But, it is not a bed of thorns, either… yes, I also know that. This means, Life has for me my share of good times and bad times… Perhaps, I won’t be able to chill out with a wine glass, with wife by my side and watch my favourite web-series, every evening. But, I should be able to spend some evenings like that, where I have no agenda at all… just lie down and chill… Yes, that’s what the imagery of our friends hold for me… for us.

Don’t be too busy, too serious… enjoy the moments by the fireside… Just like that!

My wife, also, had this video to share, this evening...




It’s really cold out here… The fireside message brought to me a great deal of warmth…

Hope, it does to you as well…


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: pixabay

Videos:1. Sushil Nandgawe 2. Source unknown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...