WHY ME, LORD?










“If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things,
then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things
that happened in my life.”

Virat* belongs to an affluent family, which handles large construction and infrastructure projects. I had taught him when he was a F.Y. B. Com student. Ever since then, he has remained in touch with me. He was very fond of reading biographies of successful people. There was a humble and curious side to him, which would make him ask questions and learn from other people. ‘The other people’ – no matter where placed in life – were his open text-books to grow from… And, this was something, I had, always, admired about Virat, my student.


This afternoon, Virat had proudly shared with me the images of one of the big projects his team had just completed successfully. I sent my appreciation and wished him and his team more success. I, also, asked him to drop by, one of these days. “I wish to give you some of my books,” I wrote.


“Being in your presence is like a hundred books, Sir,” Virat replied, “A Napoleon Hill in person!”


Now, even though Virat admired me immensely, I, somehow, felt unworthy of such a massive compliment…


Yes, I used to narrate to Virat, in those days, how Napoleon Hill’s books had shaped my life, including my teaching and writing. Today, Virat was reminding me of that. But, I wasn’t prepared to climb on that pedestal. I simply concluded with this note: “Happy to be your humble teacher than a Napoleon Hill, dear Virat… A good sleep is what we all need to pray for. T.Cre.”


God has been kind to not only Virat and me, but, to all of us. I haven’t been financially affluent the way Virat and his family have been. But, then, if I have to go down on my knees and say a simple and sincere prayer, it would be only this: “Thank you Lord for everything.”


For ‘Everything’?


Yes Sir… for ‘everything’!


One of my favourite songs is ‘Why Me, Lord?” by Kris Kistofferson, the country-music singer. But, it’s the other ‘Why Me, Lord?’… the one which comes from profound gratitude and awareness of God’s mercy and grace… Listen to this:









And, there is that familiar ‘Why Me, Lord?’… which comes from our ignorance and lack of gratitude Today, as Virat was communicating with me, I, also, received a beautiful story from Rekha, my dear friend. Both of us do not know the source of this story. But, it has come to me, just in time, to complete my own story in this Blog… Here it is:

Never ask "Why?" to the Creator.

"One day, Death encountered a man and told him:
- Today's your last day.

The man replied:
- But I am not ready! 

Death said:
- Your name is at the top of my to-do list for today.

The man said:
- Alright then… before you take me along, let's sit together and have one last cup of coffee.

Death said:
- Of course.

The man offered a cup of coffee to Death; the coffee was laced with some sleeping pills...
Death drank the coffee and soon it was fast asleep...

The man took Death's to-do list, wiped his name from the top and placed it at the bottom of the page.

When Death woke up, it said: 
- You've treated me so kindly and with full of love today. I would like to reciprocate you by starting my today's work from the names at the bottom of my list."

Sometimes, some things are written in your fate. No matter how hard you may try to change them, they never change...

The crow and the parrot were both created ugly. The parrot protested and was made beautiful. However, the crow remained content with the will of its Creator. Today, the parrot is in a cage and the crow flies free...

Behind each incident is so exquisite a wisdom that, maybe, you will never understand it.

Therefore ...
Never ask "Why?" to the Creator.

Arthur Ashe’s life was an inspiring testimony for this mystery called ‘Why Me, Lord?”. He had solved this mystery, at the darkest hour of his life…
“If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things,
Then, I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things
that happened in my life.”

GERALD D’CUNHA
Pic.: kingdavid.wordpress.com
Video: 1. Jerry Farris 2. WomackFanfile/Kris Kristofferson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...