WHAT WE THINK, WE ATTRACT

 



“Reality is a projection of your thoughts or the things

you habitually think about.”

Stephen Richards


When I first came across Napoleon Hill’s famous book - ‘Think and Grow Rich’, I was 20 or 21. I was new in Bombay city (now Mumbai) and I was jobless. But, I was dreaming and more dreaming. The book was spotted by me on the footpaths of Churchgate area… It was an overused old-book. But, to me, it was brand new… Its message was brand new. And, the least did I know, that the book was set to cause a revolution in my life!

“Thoughts are things!” This is the very first chapter of ‘Think and Grow Rich’. It conveys, right at the outset, that whatever we manifest in our lives, we manifest first in our thoughts, then outside. In other words, if I desire to see a better state of life, I have to see it in my mind first… I have to desire it, will it and work towards it. It does not just happen… It is made to happen by me, in cooperation with the Universe and friendly-forces around me. That’s the only miracle!

Stephen Richards describes this phenomenon beautifully: “Manifesting is lot like making a cake… The things needed are supplied by you… The mixing is done by your mind… and the baking is done in the oven of the Universe.”




Over these forty-plus years in this city, since I was first baptized by ‘Napoleon Hill’s Bible – ‘Think and Grow Rich’, I have not accumulated great material wealth to boast of. But, I have accumulated great wealth – beyond money – that I am aware of, that I am able to access freely!

The Law of  ‘thinking and growing rich’ is, today, hailed as ‘The Law of Attraction’. As we know, it is a very old Law of Success and Manifestation. The spiritual Masters have spoken about it and they still speak about it. People like Napoleon Hill, Rhonda Byrne and countless others are just reminding us about it… Yes, you and I need to be reminded about what the Universe has already placed before us… Enlightenment, therefore, is our awakening… Jab jaago tab sabera ji!

Through my long years of personal quest, I have realized, that being ‘rich’ is not about accumulating enormous amount of wealth alone. If I need to improve any condition in my life – be it material, psychological or spiritual – I just need to constantly desire to change it. And, for that, I need to acknowledge what the benevolent Universe has already blessed me with… I need to feel deeply grateful and genuinely happy about it… Then, from there, with an earnest heart, I need to desire to improve – be ‘rich’!

Let me conclude with one of Stephen Richard’s blunt statements: “You willed yourself to where you are today; so, will yourself out of it.”

Needless to say, the learned author is telling us about ‘willing ourselves out of a ‘poor condition’ in life.’

 

GERLAD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: Pixabay

 

Videos: Animal Love

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...