THAT CHEERING FOX INSIDE

 




“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that,

within me, there lay an invincible summer.”

Albert Camus


 

I think, if young ones become aware of their strengths early in life, it will help them become confident individuals. It will help them to dream, and believe in those dreams.

Just imagine those young ones, who are unaware of their strengths… How would they ever dare to dream, and pursue them?

Whenever young ones ask me what I mean by ‘strengths’, I tell them this: “Your strong character-traits.”

Yes, what else can it be?

Mercifully, all young ones are blessed with their own strong character-traits. It’s possible, that many of them are unaware of this blessing. That’s why I said, that when they become aware of their strengths early in their lives, it will hep them to become confident individuals. Only confident individuals can dare to pursue their dreams…

It's to be taken by young ones as a good news… It should give them hope.






I wasn’t aware of my own strengths till the time I landed in my first-year of degree college. That’s the time, I was dreaming to become a fine teacher and writer like my own teacher, Prof. B.S. Raman. But, then, as I was dreaming, I was experiencing within me the familiar ‘battle of two foxes’. One fox kept cheering me, ‘You can’, while the other kept discouraging me, ‘You can’t. Obviously, the fox that kept crying me down kept was pointing to my weaknesses – what was lacking in me… why I couldn’t dream and succeed. The fox that cheered me up was pointing to my strengths – what was special about me… why I deserved to dream and succeed.

Thus, I had to listen to both these foxes. The one who pointed to my deficiencies, I had to heed, too… My fear of speaking in public, my poor English… yes, I had to overcome these weaknesses to achieve what I was dreaming. But, importantly, I had to heed to the voice of the fox that was constantly cheering me up… It was only through this fox, that I could become aware of my strengths…

When young ones start heeding to and feeding more and more the cheering fox, they become confident individuals in life… Yes, they dare to pursue their dreams.






To repeat, the young ones should take it as a good news… It should give them hope.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s.:Pixabay

 

Video:Tale Motivators

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...