A 'HELLO' TO KAALI MAA
“Gods, always,
behave like the people who make them.”
I
got curious when I came across the above quote. I read it a couple of times trying
to comprehend what it wanted to convey…
Well, finally,
the question kept haunting me: Do Gods make us, or do we make Gods?
Interesting, question…
Isn’t it?
Two
days ago, I had sent a copy of my new blog book (Volume 1) —‘FINDING
EXTRAORDINARY IN THE ORDINARY’ to my friend Paromita’s residence (a Bengali).
It’s her birthday, and she, being a great lover of books, was super thrilled to
get a special present from me.
It was 10 am in
the morning. “How’s been your special day?” I asked Paromita.
“Oh, exciting!” Paromita
said transmitting to me her excitement over the phone. She continued, “I
visited two Kaali maa temples… One was an easy entry for all. The other
was located inside Anushakti Nagar (BARC colony)… The Security officer at the
gate was strict and didn’t allow me when I told, that I wanted to visit Kaali
maa’s temple.”
“So, how did you
make it, then?” I asked my friend.
I sweetly told
the young Security officer at the gate, “Sir, it’s my birthday, today… Don’t
you want me to go and say ‘Hello’ to Kaali maa?”
“And, that did
it?”
“Yes, yes… He
melted, and wished me with a warm smile, ‘Happy b’day, madam… Please go in.’”
BARC Security is
quite strict. Normally, one would get tense when stopped and behave offensively
or defensively. But, Paromita behaved exactly how Goddess Kaali had made
her –- honest, frank and enthusiastic…
So, once more, Zora
Neale Hurston’s quote pops up before me, to check if it makes sense to me:
“Gods, always, behave like the people who make them.”
GERALD D’CUNHA
Pic.: Wallpaper Access
Video: Sourendro Soumyojit

Comments