THE LEAP OF FAITH

The other day, when somebody used the word - 'Compromise', I was quick to respond: "Let us not use the word - 'Compromise'... That is a 'cheap', rather, ineffective word. Let us use the word - 'Peace'." I went on, "Peace comes straight... with out any conditions, with no strings attached."

There was no discussion on that. There was silence... It was profound.

That evening, I found myself speaking fervently, with all my passion and strength... but, it was all a monologue, rather a soliloquy. I was telling them - the fighting parties, the parties who were unable to find a breakthrough - this. "A compromise comes with doubt, with suspicion from the mind; peace comes with complete trust, straight from the heart. Compromise means, I am ready, but I still don't trust you... I may not honour my promise, in case, you... Peace means, I am ready... and I trust you fully... I will keep my promise, and you too will, I know. I know. I know."

"How do I know? How do I know that your will keep your promise?"

"Well I know. I simply know... and, I want to tell, loudly and sincerely, this feeling of mine to you. Yes, I know, you will keep your word; you will trust me, too."

"It is okay, if I am hurt by you, in the past... many times that is... but it is okay. I can heal myself. I would be glad and feel loved if you could say that from your mouth - "I am sorry". But, even if you find it difficult to say that, at this stage, I will say that now, "I am sorry for whatever hurts I have caused."

"I feel exposed, vulnerable when I say that. But, I alone know, I feel good, light... empowered... strong... clean...even 'divine'. I feel close to God, I feel protected by him. I feel no threat, scare... that you may go back on your words, you may betray me. Because, I have done my best, I have given my all; I have not hidden any cards from you. So, what move will you take? - is not my fear. What move will I make - is only my only concern.

"Peace is my thirst, my hunger. I need it like my breath. I will die - spiritually - without peace. It is my moral weapon; it is my physical guard, too. I need no advocate, when I my self is an advocate of peace. For compromise, I need an advocate, a broker.

"Between you and me - my enemy - there is only that wall created by our minds, our egos. How can a broker break it down? I cannot break the wall for you... I can for me. So, here I am, with the pickaxe and sickle, ready to break the wall created by my own mind... And, I know that you too will do the same, soon."

It was late evening. I could see the setting sun in all its glory going about his duty, The sky turned colouful, stunning... all this so fast, so peacefully... and so far yet so near. A sunset was taking place silently in me, too. So, peacefully.

GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hi my friend,

Glad to hear that you liked my post. But, then, may I know the one who said that?

It wd help me to open up more, if you could let me know that.

Thanks for the feedback. Pl read my today's post and get bk.... But, not without your identity.

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...