THE TREE WHERE MONEY GROWS















Pic.: Aparna Khanolar Sheth



“How many millionaires do you know who have become
wealthy by investing in savings accounts?
 ... I rest my case.”

-Robert G. Allen

Let me begin this post with a confession: I love money!
Let me make one more confession: I think about it all the time!

So, who I am – a good man or a bad man?

I might not have ‘chosen’ to amass wealth in my life; but, I do think about money the moment I open my eyes early in the morning, and I do think about it when I close my eyes late at night...

Yes, I think about it in the midst of my joys and sorrows, in the midst of my most intense prayers, as well...

I know, that I don’t need loads of money to be happy and content in life... I, also, know, that no matter how much I amass, I will not be able to say ‘enough’ unless I am wise and strong... unless I have a right perspective on money... unless I value it, respect it... and use it as my faithful servant and not allow it to rule me as my manipulative master...

So, it is not the love of money that is the root of all evils in this world... It is the greed, the blind pursuit... It is obsession!

I need money. That’s why I work so hard and so long. I, also, want money to come to me by honest means...

So, this Post is about making money by honest means – by working hard and long, smartly and honestly. But, more than making money... this post is about why money grows in some hands and not in other...

First things first: If our gates are closed, money will never come to us... So, let’s open the gates... Let the blocks to money dissolve... Let the lack dissolve... Let our money-vocabulary be positive, inviting... loving... and one of reverence and gratitude... Let our work be blessed, our reward be blessed... Money comes only when we invite it... When we open our doors for it!

Yesterday, Unnati, a young Chartered Accountant, shared some very valuable tips from Warren Buffet. Here they are:


ON EARNING: Never depend on a single income. Make investment to create second source.

ON SPENDING: If you buy things you do not need, soon, you will have to sell things you need.

ON SAVINGS: Do not save what is left after spending; but spend what is left after saving.

ON TAKING RISK: Never test the depth of river with both feet.

ON INVESTMENT: Do not put all eggs in one basket.

ON EXPECTATIONS: Honesty is very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people.



Warren Buffet doesn't need my certificate when it comes to wealth-creation... I, Unnati and you need his. Money doesn't grow on trees. Agreed. But, it won’t grow, either, if you park it in your bank lockers or the savings accounts there. As Robert G. Allen had said:


“How many millionaires do you know who have become
wealthy by investing in savings accounts?


I, too, rest my case...



GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Dinesh Kini said…
Money has been my concern too. Thanks for make me feel okay. Dinesh Kini
Anonymous said…
Great post on money. Punit

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...