KEEP IT WITHIN THE VALLEYS OF TWO HEARTS






Pic.: Asha D'Souza

I was talking to this young-man, last evening, who is presently pursuing his post-graduation. He and his girl-friend, both, studied with me some years ago. The thing I liked the most about both of them was this: they kept their relationship very, very personal… Never made any show of it.

After many years, when I met him, yesterday, I enquired about the girl. He told me that they were still in relationship and she had started working.

Then, I mentioned to him what I had admired about both of them. What this young man said in response made me think and, yes, blog today…

“Sir, my dad and mom have been married for nearly forty years, now,” the young-man said, “As their youngest son, I know how much they are in love with each other; but, they never, ever had to display before their children – let alone the world – how deeply they were in love with each other. Yet, we knew how pure and intense their love was.”

My thoughts went to my own parents… I had never, ever seen my dad and mom going heads-over-their-heels to show how much they were in love with each other… But, as their young-son, I knew how deep and sincere their love was… All my brothers knew that, too...

My thoughts came back and focused on myself… “Do I need to tell the world that my wife is the ‘most important’ person in this world’ and that I will love her like a Romeo till the world ends?

Yet, I know, my wife knows and our son knows… yes, how it is!


What is personal should be, always, kept personal. What is not for public display should be guarded so… with tons and tons of respect and dignity…

The young-man I was talking to, last evening, told me this, too:

“The only person needs to know about the depth and beauty of my love is the person I am in love with… It begins and ends there!”

Oh yes; it, always, should begin and end there… within the valleys of two hearts!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Vinay Pal said…
The last line is superb!! Vinay Pal

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...