AN AMAZING HOLIDAY SPOT






Pic.: Nishtha Narryani

Two days ago, I was talking to one of my friends. He started reminding me that I had to go on a holiday. “My friend, you need a break, you need a change… You need to go ‘out’ on a vacation… anywhere. You come back fresh…”

My friend kept reminding me so much, that I not only began to feel guilty, I, also, began to get irritated with him.

Well, my friend had meant good for me; he had good intention. But, I felt, he was pushing his idea of a ‘vacation’ and ‘change’ too much on me…

Yes, who doesn’t long for a ‘break’? Who doesn’t long for a ‘vacation’? And, who doesn’t long to ‘come back fresh’?

Presently, so many people I know are out on a vacation – most of them are at exotic places around the world. I see the pictures they have been positing – luxury hotels and cruise-liners, kingly meals and costumes… Their wives shop till they drop… and their kids are having fun of their life. Yes, it makes me envy them at times…

But, a thought does come to me: Would I go on a vacation like that even if I had loads of money in my hand? Is that my idea of being on a vacation… seeking a change… coming back fresh?

No, it is not.


I do need to take my breaks… go on a vacation with people I love… seek change and come back fresh. Yes, I fully believe in it. “Renewal’, ‘Rejuvenating’ or ‘Sharpening the saw’ as they say… I would become stagnated and blunt if I don’t take a break and relax… Yes, I know it.

But, there is a place inside all of us… an amazing holiday spot. I wonder how many of us have recognized this truth. In my case, in the midst of my frantic schedule, I try to retire to this spot and relax… be by myself, alone, centered.

Am I being selfish?

The point I want to make is this: If I am able to take a break like this, seek a change like this… come back fresh like this, probably, a vacation with my family to Bali or Switzerland might be of any sense and value…

Else, sorry my friend… “Wherever you go, you will carry yourself!”


GERALD D’CUNHA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...