"THERE ARE ONLY AS MANY DAYS IN THE YEAR AS YOU MAKE USE OF"















Pic.: Anand Ashokan



“Don’t be fooled by the calendar.
There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.”

Charles Richards


One of my favorite expressions is this: “God has given all of us the same twenty-four hours in a day. To President Obama, Bill Gates you and me… yes, God has given to all of us the same twenty-four hours in a day.”

‘I have no time,’ is one of lamest excuses in life. “I have no interest,” or “I have no motivation,” or ‘I have no discipline’… probably, we might find some takers for these reasons. But, ‘I have no time”, sorry… No way!

An interesting observation is: In life, we, always, find time to do the things we love and feel excited about. If so, the trick is to discover what we love to do… or learn to love what we do… feel excited about it… Yes, that’s the only way, perhaps, we can make the most of those twenty-four hours we are endowed with.


Some days ago, I heard a speaker asking his audience this question: “How many days do you think are there in a year?”

“A stupid question!” Yes, that’s how even I thought when the speaker asked.

Obviously, 365. Or, add one more, if it is a leap year.

“Nothing obvious about it, my dear friends,” the speaker teased his audience, “What is obvious is this: There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. Don’t be fooled by the calendar!”

Charles Richard’s quote, which the speaker had used, had driven home the message, so beautifully!


GERALD D’CUNHA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...