THE EARLY- MORNING OPTIONS







Pic.: Pushpa Mistry Kamath

I was up early this morning… and, I was in touch with how I was 

feeling. Yes, there were these happy and upbeat feelings holding a great promise… “Go, kiss the world,” as the famous line cheered. And, there were, also, these feelings of apprehension, fear and anxiety making me feel a lot heavy inside… “What may happen?”

This is 5 in the morning, now. I am alive to what is happening inside me. And, the more I think about it, the more it becomes clearer to me… that, each morning, I have only these two options before I walk out of my door: Walk out with faith or walk out with fear…

And, I think, those are the only two options for everyone around me…

Go kiss the world, embrace it… Yes, all your happy, sad and mad moments, all your challenges. Make the most of everything Life brings for you through your day… Trust people - not everyone is a fox… Befriend your fear - not every fear is dangerous…

Or, look outside and panic… The world is so dangerous out there, the people are sharks, foxes and are all waiting to trap you, conspire against you… Don’t trust them… There is nothing but a big burden and pain in your fear and challenges…

So, here is one more morning, one more choice to make for me… The world is sleeping, calm and quiet… My mind is able to see clearly the drama within… I can see more and more goodness there outside… People don’t appear to me as cunning foxes, nor fear appears as a deadly ghost, or challenges as a crushing yoke…

I am ready to walk out of my door with my embracing arms… I am ready to kiss the world.

People are good… Challenges are good… Life is good.


GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...