DISILLUSIONMENT IS THE LAST ILLUSION














Pic.: Sheela Krishnamony


“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old,
they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” 

  
I came across a statement today: “Disillusionment is the last illusion.”

It took me some time to grasp the meaning of this sentence…

I am a dreamer… an idealist. I am, also, a strong optimist. But, all said and done, at the end of the day, when I see my dreams remain unfulfilled… when I see people around me not as loyal and committed as wish them to be, when aging – health and money issues – try to intimidate me, when some people relentlessly try to crush me down, and when I see myself alone when it comes to fighting many of my battles… yes, that’s the time, I sense the cloud of disillusionment in my heart…

“What is the point,” I do hear my heart ask, “If things go this way in my life?”

Bitterness and cynicism walk into our hearts when we get disillusioned in life…when our ideals turn into disappointments. That’s the time, we lose faith not only in the world around us, we, also, lose faith in ourselves. In fact, we first lose faith in ourselves… and, then, in the world around us.

I have seen this movement in my heart time and time again. I have, also, found a way to restore this faith, both, in me and the world around me… I find this ‘way’ when I spend more and more time in silence… yes, allowing the way to emerge in that silence. Well, call it meditation or call it contemplation, whatever… It is that quiet rest in my soul… when all answers are found on their own, when all ‘ways’ are discovered on their own…

The time to resolve is not when I am disillusioned… For, disillusionment is the last illusion… Disillusionment is not ‘true’, not ‘real’…. Instead, the time to resolve is when the soul is rested… when we have let God to operate within…

That’s why the way found in such silence is called the ‘divine way’…The way found in disillusionment is ‘my way’!

So, there is nothing wrong with the people and the world around me. There is something wrong the way I see the world and the people around me… That’s all… and old truth just to be re embraced…

Let me dream… Let me trust… Let me live. Yes, like a real dreamer and idealist.


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Sheela Krishnamony


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...