THE LIGHTHOUSE CALLED HOPE




Pic.: Chetna Shetty

“In all things, it is better to hope than to despair.”
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe  
I have, often, wondered: Is it possible for us to live life without hope. I have heard many people, like Jim Carey, telling us vehemently, that it is faith that moves mountains… not hope. To them, hope is a beggar… a poor man’s bread!
Poor man’s bread… Correct!
I have thought a lot on it… particularly when difficulties, problems and frustration seemed endless… when future looked bleak, yes, hopeless… In times like this, I have tried to inspire myself through Faith… Self-belief… But, I have found, that it is impossible to have faith in my life without hope being there, first….
That deep-down feeling inside my heart, that all be will be well if I keep trying sincerely and diligently… that, the darkness will fade when the Sun comes…. That, it is when I keep working from that space – faith makes sense to me…
Faith can never enter my home, unless hope opens the door for it! Yes, hope has to be there at home, first!

Today, some problems – well, let me call them challenges - in my life seem endless. And, I am quite aware of what is that inside my soul that keeps me going… Yes, it is hope, that, there is light at the end of the tunnel… The more I ponder on it, truer it seems. I wish to conclude sharing with you some of these quotes about hope… and faith:

“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless.
But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment
that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.”
- Pauline R. Kezer

“Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage;
anger at the way things are,
and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.”
- Augustine of Hippo


“In the dark dreary nights, when the storm is at its most fierce,
he lighthouse burns bright so the sailors can find their way home again.
In life the same light burns. This light is fueled with love, faith, and hope.
And through life’s most fierce storms these three burn their brightest
so we also can find our way home again.”
- Unknown

“Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road,
but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.”
- Lin Yutang

I love, especially, the last one… “There was never a road; but, when many people walk on it, the road comes about.”
GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...