TO HOLD GRUDGES, I NEED NOT COURAGE

















Pic.: Aruna Anand



“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” 


I am a great believer in the theory: “Time heals”.
The reason why, like most around me, the doubt, sometimes, creeps in me is… because, the wounds seems to remain open for a long, long time.

Well, all wounds have been caused through our strained relationships… through our egos and arrogance, through our hatred and revenge… through our hurts and our inability to forgive, let go… through our suppressed pain and anger… through our misunderstandings and ignorance…

So, take away this ignorance, all else will fall in place…

To get healed, I should have the burning thirst to be healed. It starts with me, not with the other person… my so-called ‘enemy’ or ‘oppressor’ or ‘tormentor’.

I am my worst enemy… I am my worst oppressor… I am my worst tormentor.

Till I am not out of my own prison, I cannot be out of the other person’s prison…

The more I long for healing, the faster it is going to come… The more I hold on to my wounds – my anger and hurts – the longer I am going to stay in prison and pain…

“The emotion that can break your heart is, sometimes, the very one that heals it,” says Nicholas Sparks.

I agree. If hurt and anger can break my heart, the same emotions can mend my heart, too. All that I need to do is to ‘see’… to ‘recognize’ what, by holding on to those emotions, happens to me. That’s all.

And, what if the other person is not willing to forgive me? What if he swears to take revenge on me?

To see this person with compassion calls for inner light, true courage… true intent. I call it the spiritual strength. To hold grudges, I need no courage… I just need some wild animal instinct…

Yes, Time passes… and, with that, just as our legs and arms do, our hearts get healed, too.

I am willing to wait… I am willing to endure the pain. After all, suffering is my choice, isn’t it?


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...