THE LEGEND FROM THE WEST... AND THE LEGEND FROM THE EAST






And, now I urge you to watch our own Hindi movie - 'Pink'.

Watch it for Amitabh Bachchan... who, at 74, hungers for new challenges... who, in all his modesty, claims, “I look forward to 'work' each day... and I am grateful to the young directors who think I am worthy of that”... who keeps humbling us with his sense of professionalism... the sense of commitment and time... the passion, energy, dynamism and, above all, modesty...

Watch 'Pink' for its gripping, yet simple, story... that makes us feel ashamed of our feudalistic, double-standard mindset... The way we treat women... the way we treat sex... the way we abuse power and law...

Watch 'Pink' for the mind-blowing court drama... 

Watch 'Pink' for hope, the triumph of truth... 

And, watch 'Pink' for its young creators…

I am not writing this Post to promote 'Pink'... It is not a review.

It is a tribute to my idol, Amitabh Bachchan. He is 74... and, I am just 58. He challenges me, with his every new movie, never ever to use the words – “I am tired”... “I am going to hang up my boots”... He gives me hope and energy... He inspires me to be young, agile and alive till my last breath.

My last post was on the English movie 'Sully'. Apart from its inspiring story, what had made me love the movie so much was the man who dared to produce and direct it - my another idol, Clint Eastwood. He is 86. Mind you, 86!


















These men are legends... They keep people like you and me on our feet. They challenge us... They beckon us... They infuse us with zest for life.

As so many have already said, two of the most memorable things in 'Pink' are these... The closing lines of Amitabh Bachchan in the court-room... '”NO'.... No is not a word... It is a sentence in itself”… and the whole monologue that follows... And, finally, when the movie is over, when the credits are flashed on the blank screen and as audience walk out of the cinema hall... we hear the mesmerizing poetry recital by Amitabh Bachchan... I stood there, frozen, and allowed myself to be soaked and inspired by the baritone... of the man, who I call my idol...













I take this bow to Amitabh Bachchan sir... I take this bow to Clint Eastwood sir.


GERALD D'CUNHA


Pics.:Internet

Comments

The power of NO..who else can describe this better than the legend himself!! Impeccable and flawless performance! adding up to he icing...the poem which I didn't notice at first and then left astounded...

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...