THERE IS A WAY OUT OF EVERY BOX, A SOLUTION TO EVERY PUZZLE











“Thinking outside of the box keeps you from
suffocating inside of one.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo

A certain problem was weighing me down for some time. I used to think a lot about it trying to find a solution. But, the more I spent time on it alone, I found myself only getting more  and more anxious... It had begun to overwhelm me so much that my mind had stopped thinking creatively… body had become tense. I knew, that to find a solution to this problem, I needed to stop thinking alone about it… In the sense, I needed to talk about it with someone who I trusted.

I did that, today. I called one of my dear friends to help me figure out a solution. This friend was my student some twenty-eight years ago. Now, he is a successful entrepreneur. We spent over an hour, this afternoon, talking about my problem… and, I was pleasantly surprised when my friend helped me unearth at least five different alternatives to fix my problem. Finally, when we were about close the discussion, suddenly, there popped a new alternative, which seemed to carry the potential to ease out my tension significantly!

Talking about our problems with someone who we trust is the kindest service we can do to ourselves. Our desire to do so indicates that we are willing to approach it with a sense of humility and surrender… we are willing to let go, drop our egos. Someone is needed, often, to help us see our problems objectively… from outside the box.

 “There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle,” says Captain Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek, “it’s just a matter of finding it. Things are only impossible, until they’re not.” 

GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Anil Bedi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...