PARK IT FOR TWO DAYS... TAKE A WORRY BREAK

























“A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.”

-       John Lubbock

A dear friend of mine just sent me this message…
“No problem… Park it for it two days… Take a worry break.”

Park for two days what?

Well, my burdens, my anxiety… my worries! I had just messaged him voicing my nagging concern… expressing my anxiety and worry… “Just expressing to get a perspective,” I had written to my friend…

So, my friend had this piece of advice to me:
“No problem… Park it for two days… Take a worry break.”

Believe me, the moment I read it, a childlike smile adorned my face and, I could feel the weight falling off my heart…

I was worrying about some events which were expected to unfold after 4 to 5 days. My friend’s advice was simple: “Park your worries for 2 days!”… Literally, lift them and put them in the parking slot!

The third day or the fourth day or the last day… the solution would emerge on its own!

Naïve?

However naïve and however impractical such an advice seems to us, the truth is: worrying beyond a point only ruins our peace. Yes, it doesn’t help us solve the problem… It, on the contrary, only complicates the situation.

By ‘Take a worry break’, what I understand is ‘take a break from worrying’ and not ‘Take a break – a special time out - to worry’.

Letting go becomes easy when we see the futility of worrying. All that we need to do is, to be responsible and plan well and try hard to solve our problems… But, beyond a certain point, it is always the ‘third force’ that intervenes and solves our problems… What they say, “letting go… and letting God in.”

Going back to where I started… Have I parked ‘it’ for 2 day? Have I taken the worry break?

My heart smiles, “YES”!



GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Khushboo Gulrajani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...