WALKING FREE FROM THE LONG SHADOWS CAST BY SMALL POEPLE
















“The sharpest minds often ruin their lives by overthinking the next step,
while the dull win the race with eyes closed.”

When I realize that my leg has gangrene, what do I do? I cut off the infected part of my leg so that the rest of my body is saved. But, then, what do I do when I realize that my life is getting infected due to the presence of some negative people around me… Why do I dilly-dally from amputating the infected people from my life?

The people I choose to surround myself with can either boost my energy or they can drain it.
A dear friend of mine constantly advises me to be wise in choosing who I want to surround myself with…  “Negative people are leeches… they suck our energy,” he keeps reminding me, “When we recognize that… yes, that’s the time to cut off from the caustic people in our lives.”

Who are these caustic people? Are they significant people in our lives… our spouses, children, family members or friends? Or, are they people not so significant for us… our neighbors, office colleagues, community members or strangers? Caustic people can hail from both sides of the court…

Well, to cut off significant people from our lives, when they perennially suck our energy, is not that easy… but not impossible either. On the other hand, to cut off insignificant people, when they perennially deplete our energy, is not only easy, but it is, also, critical.

The New Year - 2017 - is approaching. Do I have some conscious choices to make?

Yes, I do have a couple of choices to make. On top of the list is this: to cut off myself from some energy suckers… I have already decided who they are!

It is not going to be a negative note to start on one’s New Year. On the contrary, it is a very positive note… It is a great service we can ever do to ourselves… A very kind, self-nurturing and self-empowering act.

Fennel Hudson had said, “Walk free from the long shadows cast by small people.”

That’s what I am going to do in 2017…


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Nicole Gubin O'Ryan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...