CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE

















“It is hard to befool a fool who has already been fooled so many times” 

I did not intend to write a word on the controversy surrounding Sanjay Leela Bansali’s film ‘Padmavati’, which, now has been renamed as ‘Padmavat’. Having seen in the past many, many such controversies – be it relating to a movie, play, book, song, painting or even a tweet – I knew from the day one, that it was a deliberate act, stage-managed by many self-interested parties… where the main objective is to divert the attention of the masses from the most worrisome issues plaguing the nation…

Yes, from my past experience, I knew it… that, Bansali and his film just happened to be there in the crossfire… Just as the school bus ferrying tender children and the innocent people and their hard-earned property happened to be there…

I don’t watch the TV debates about ‘Padmavat’… When I do, I get a disgusting feeling in stomach! I find the anchors, spoke-persons of Karni Sena and political parties completely deceitful… Everyone does what he does for his own benefit. Period.

Bansali, little school-children, you and me are caught in the crossfire…

It’s sad. Sad, because, innocent people are taken for a ride… Nobody cares for the innocent. If anyone did, there would never have been a controversy at all…

By the way, what is the controversy, sir?

You think, you will get the answer listening to the debates on TV or reading the reports on news papers?

Funny. Silly. Outright crude and cheap.

If this small fringe-madness cannot be contained by five-six state governments and the Centre, I worry for my country: How will our government protect us when enemy from outside invades?

So, it is not about Bansali’s film – ‘Padmavati’ or ‘Padmavat’ whatever it is – at all. It’s about the sinister designs of shameless and selfish players in this game… which, you and me – leave alone the tender school children – who are caught in the crossfire, will never, ever understand…

Shame!!

GERLAD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Mumbai Mirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...