WHEN OUR TEARS HAVE NO PRETENSE



















“The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.”



Many things make me special… One of them is my vulnerability.

If I have to put it in simplest of words, being vulnerable means to open my heart before someone by trusting him or her. When I do that, I make myself defenseless… I know it can break my heart… I can get wounded in the process.

If so, why don’t I, always, guard myself… stonewall?

I have tried to but failed.

Opening my heart, by trusting a person I love, respect, care… yes, it comes easily to me. The main outcome of my openness – vulnerability – is that, it makes me feel better… Light… Loved and lovable… Strong.

On the other hand, when I stonewall my feelings, guard too much… don’t reveal my human side, it, invariably makes me stone-like…  

The world calls some heartless and some heartfelt… And, you know why the world does it so!

Despite getting wounded, let down and disillusioned, occasionally, due to my vulnerability, I still choose to be less guarded emotionally… I still choose to trust more, bare my soul more before those I value and care.

Donald Trump presently has all the worldly power at his disposal… It can’t get better than that. He has money and the affluence it brings… He is the President of the mightiest nation on earth. But, I would never call his kind of ‘openness’ being vulnerable… To me, it comes from deep hatred, prejudice and ignorance… the dark space of human soul. It makes him say what he does… and do it again and again and again. Every time I see him, I see a ‘stone’…

And, I am using Trump as just a metaphor, here…

After his latest derogatory and racist comment about African people in general, and people of Haiti in particular, a lot has been said about the American President. I have seen very powerful  CNN anchors breaking down while presenting their national tragedy called Trump. Watch these…











There is no pretence in those tears… The heart cannot be more sincere and truthful than that!

I have watched Aamir Khan showing his fragile side in public so many times. Watch this one…







Aamir Khan need not do this, one may say. But, I won’t!

Finally, watch this one…








Come on, this gentleman was the former Chief Justice of our highest court, and he was speaking in the presence of our Prime Minister and an august assembly. He was conscious of the fact, that the world would be watching his emotional breakdown…

Did he do the right thing?

I say, ‘Yes’.

Some may call it human weakness. But, to me, it is what Criss Jami says:

“To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable;
to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.”


Let me rest my case by repeating what I had started with: That, many things make me special... One of them is my vulnerability. In another Blog, I had quoted Marty Rubin. I wish to do it, once more:

 “Real dishes break. That's how you know they're real.” 



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Chetna Shetty

Videos: YouTube


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...