HOOP YOUR WAY TO HAPPINESS



“Happiness often sneaks in through a door

you didn’t know you left open.”

John Marrymore

  

Yes, these are depressing times! Watching TV news or any news-based videos only makes these dark times even darker. Amid these grim things which I ended up watching, I stumbled upon this breath of fresh air:


 


Had you heard about Hoop form of dance? What about Eshna Kutty?

Well, I hadn’t heard about both. I don’t think, my confession makes me a less-informed or less-evolved human on this planet!

I am writing this Post to underline some simple things…


1.   That, no matter how dark the times are, we do stumble upon some refreshing things like this. In this video, I felt refreshed by the way this conversation was being conducted… the innocent questions, and the innocent answers… What else one needs to feel happy in life?

There is too much pretense in this world… The masks that we are forced to wear, now, is the clear symptom of this dishonesty and pretense!


2.    That, no matter how much information we accumulate, we still have a whole world of information untapped. For example, I learnt from my freshly-inspired quest, that this Hoop dance has been there for centuries. It was, apparently, the traditional dance of Native Americans. And, as I kept discovering more, I realized that Eshna, is just in her kindergarten of Hoop school. I say this with great respect and admiration for our own girl. If she reads what I have just said, I am sure, she will surely agree.


 



3.    That, we all have our respective fields of fascination – our own Hoops... You, me and all of us. And, if we remain passionate, dedicated, and persistent, we all can excel in our respective Hoops. So, to me, Eshna’s Hoop Dance is just a metaphor… If she could reach where she has, now, we, too, can in our own Hoops. We, too, can make it look as effortless and as refreshing.




So, let me conclude: This Post is not about Hoop dance or Eshna Kutty. It’s about that innocent, wonder-struck child in all of us… who, wants to express like a Hoop dancer… and make the grim times sparkle a little.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: www.pinterst.com/Eshna Kutty

Videos: 1. NDTV 2. devinsupertramp 3. seligmanarizona 

             4. SpinJoy Hoop Dance 5. Liv Arnold


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...