A SIX-WORD MESSGAE

 



“We are very good lawyers for our own mistakes,

but very good judges for mistakes of others.”

Anonymous

 

 

Some days ago, while I was in my hometown, one of our relatives sent a personal WhatsApp message to me. The message contained only six simple words. Incidentally, when the message arrived, there were six of us in the room. When I first read the message, I derived a certain meaning out of it. I read it again and derived a different meaning… I read it a couple of times more, and, each time, the meaning I was deriving kept changing. I was curious, if others around me would get a similar experience… Every one’s interpretation was different, every time they read it!

I thought in my mind, that the proverbial elephant had come to our room… and we were the six blind men trying to touch a part of the elephant and arrive at our own conclusions: Elephant was like a rope… Like a wall… Like a tree-trunk… Like a fan and so on. There had to be a wise man to tell the blindmen, that they had  touched only a part of the elephant and none of them had touched the whole elephant!

Likewise, here in our room, a wise man was needed to open our eyes – to awaken us…





Wisdom is our inner eye! Once it opens, we lose interest in judging and interpreting…

We tend to judge someone not only through our own coloured lenses, but also through the coloured lenses of many others around us. Opinions come from our coloured lenses. We need to remove those lenses… To see clearly, we need to see through our inner eyes.

So, that night, after I ended up receiving dozens of interpretations of the six-word message, I smiled shaking my head. I was reminded of the wise words:

“Those who judge will never understand. Those who understand will never judge.”

Mind is weak… It constantly judges, interprets and draws conclusions. Most of these conclusions are flawed, biased… Not true.





“Don’t judge me by my past, I don’t live there anymore,” says a wise man.

I don’t read the six-word message anymore… I don’t live there anymore, either!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

Video: Dare to do Motivation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...