IF THE SOUL HAS TO SPEAK

 




“Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.”

Ma Jaya Sati Bhgavati

 

It’s a week now, and I haven’t written a word.

Unusual?

Yes and No.

If I have given to people around me the impression, that writing is like breathing to me, then, it does seem unusual whenever I don’t write… “How can you stop breathing?” I hear people around me asking…

Or, is it just, that I am hearing?

Frankly, if I don’t write for a few days, or weeks, or months – or never write at all – how does it matter? Who cares?

The thought in my head, that when I write, the lives around me brighten up is like the lightning bug who goes around with his bloated head, saying: “Hey, people are able to see because of me!” It’s also like that donkey who carries the sandalwood load proudly, claiming, “Hey, I give the world the finest fragrance!”




 

Nothing is ‘unusual’ about our conscious silence… I may think, that I have a thousand stories to tell or a million disagreements to register… but, when I see it through a quiet mind, they all seem like the clouds in the sky… They come; they go… They make the sky what it is… My desperation to contain them in my two tiny hands seems absolutely laughable…

Why can’t I stand beneath the enormous sky and just behold the beauty of the passing clouds and the changing hues? Why is this desperation and pride within me to capture a cloud or two in my hands and beat my chest, saying: “Look, here are the clouds… How beautiful!”

Am I needed to tell people around me, as to how beautiful the clouds are and how glorious the sky is? Are they not able and wise enough to look up and behold that beauty?

Is it not ‘usual’… something so simple and mundane?

The more I get in touch with my own desire to capture a cloud or two and show them to the world, saying: ‘Look, how beautiful they are!’… yes, the clearer it gets to me, that it is really ridiculous… Really ‘unusual’!

The quiet state of our mind is our ‘usual sate’… The noise is self-invited… It’s an ‘unusual’ state!





True, if the soul has to speak, the mind has to be quiet!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s: pixabay

Video: Neil Diamond/FullHDPro


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...